Sterling Heights, MI Air Conditioning and Furnace Repair
Welcome To Performance Engineering HVACR: a Sterling Heights Heating, Cooling & Electrical Service
Performance Engineering has been a fully licensed and insured Mechanical (HVACR) and Electrical Contractor since 1990. We provide all types of residential, commercial and industrial heating, cooling and electrical sales and service. We offer a value driven method to our clients which results in a 96 percent overall customer satisfaction and retention rate.
Every job we do, whether its repair service or an installation, we provide a warranty that we will stand behind. Our quality of work is performed with pride in a Craftsman like manner.
If you have any questions or need a quote for your next project, please Contact Us for a free quote today!
Sterling Heights Heater and Refrigeration Repair & Consulting Services
We offer high quality products like Lennox, Bryant, Re-Verber-Ray and Gordon-Ray tube heaters, Lochinvar water heaters and boilers, HeatCraft refrigeration, CaptiveAire commercial hoods / fans for about the same cost as our competitors do using generic or no brand equipment.
Sterling Heights Heater and Air Conditioner Installation Services
We can boast that we provide the neatest and most professional installations available anywhere because we do.We urge potential clients to contact our customers and ask questions; or to visit a past work site to see for themselves the quality of the work we provide. Moreover, the single most important detail about installing one of these products in your home or office is the installing contractor.
The Services We Provide in Sterling Heights, Michigan:
Sterling Heights HVAC Repair
Commercial Forced Air Furnaces & Air Conditioning
Hot Water &
Roof Top HVAC
Hoods, Fans & Controls
Make Up &
Exhaust Air Systems
Service & Distribution Panel Installed
Construction & Additions
FREE In Home
Installation and Replacement of plugs, circuits & switches
Hot Tub & Swimming Pool Wiring
Heating & Cooling
Sterling Heights Refrigeration and Heating Installation and Repair
Bio-Diesel & Waste Fuel Heater
Indoor Air Quality
Electronic Air Cleaners
Digital Programmable Replacements
Hot Water Tank / Water Heater
All Makes and Models
Hot Water Tank /
Heating and Cooling
Roof Top Units
Walk in Coolers
Walk in Freezers
Reach in Cooler
Reach in Freezer
Call Us Now For A Free Estimate!
HISTORY OF Sterling Heights
About Sterling Heights, Michigan
Sterling Heights‘ link to the past, present and future winds along the picturesque banks of the Clinton River.
The first American settlers in Mt. Clemens arrived as captives of the Chippewa Indians following the end of the Revolutionary War. After some escaped and others were freed by ransom payment from German missionaries, the settlers eventually built cabins along the Clinton River near Mt. Clemens, recognizing the rich natural resources the river and surrounding area possessed.
Once known as the Huron River (the original Indian name of the river was Natawasippee), the Clinton river received its current name back on July 17, 1824, as locals renamed the waterway in honor of New York‘s governor, DeWitt Clinton. Area pioneers hunted the abundant game in the lush forests along the river and had no problems catching fish in its clear, fast running waters.
The 1882 edition of the History of Macomb outlined the river by stating: “The Huron (Clinton) River enters the town at the headwaters of the hydraulic canal in the Village of Utica, flows through a tortuous channel southeast and leaves the (Sterling) township. The soil is very productive, generally level and carefully cultivated.”
Farmers took advantage of the area’s rich soil and built large homesteads, harvesting crops of wheat and corn on 100-acre farms. Apple and peach orchards dotted the landscape, and by 1832, more than 2,500 sheep and 1,200 cows grazed on rich grasslands, in addition to more than 500 horses used to work the fields.
As it had during the population boom of the 1950s, Sterling Township welcomed a great many residents from the City of Detroit after the War of 1812. A man by the name of Lewis Drake, born in New York and a direct descendant of famed 16th centur navigator Sir Francis Drake, came to the area now known as Sterling Heights in 1832 and bought government land at the price of 18 shillings (less than $4) an acre. His farm was located in the area of Dodge Park and Utica Roads. His farm was located in the Northwest section 14, East of Clinton River along the River Road.
By 1880, Sterling Township was a prosperous rural area of neat farm homes and fields of wheat, corn and other crops. Sterling Township‘s population was estimated at 2,088.
Before Detroit introduced the first “horseless carriages,” the “iron horse” made its way through the farming community of Sterling Township. The Romeo and Utica Stage Line met all passenger trains of the Detroit and Bay City Railroad at the Utica Depot, located just south of what is now Auburn Road in Utica. Trains passed through Sterling Township four times a day.
Today, Sterling Heights is considered an integral part of the greater Detroit Metropolitan area. However, back in 1900, the trek from Sterling Township to Detroit was a half-day horseback trip on a rough clay Van Dyke road. Residents relied on Utica Road, a planked toll street, and the Clinton River to transport their goods to market.
The Clinton River park system has grown in popularity throughout the years, and now features several miles of trails and a number of relaxing picnic areas.